All you need is love blend
Spices like cinnamon and cardamon have long been hailed as aphrodisiacs and rose petals are a universal symbol of love. This Valentine’s Day, our ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE BLEND makes it easy to use these spices in your cooking - perfect sprinkled over fresh fruit, ice cream and these light, fluffy pancakes.
- 70ml milk (any type)
- 1 medium egg - beaten
- 70g self raising flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- Syrup, ice cream and fresh fruit (eg blueberries, raspberries or chopped banana) to serve
- ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE BLEND: Nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, rose petals, cayenne, long pepper, cubeb, black pepper, cardamon Please note if you're making a bigger batch, you'll need to scale up the fresh ingredients in proportion but the spices only by 2/3 or it will be too spicy!
- Mix the flour with the sugar, a pinch of salt and ½ tsp ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE BLEND then make a well in the centre. Whisk in the egg and milk to a smooth, thick batter (stir in an optional 2 tbsp fruit if you like)
- Heat a large frying pan then wipe with oil. Spoon the pancake mixture into the pan to make pancakes about 7-8cm in diameter (you may have to do this in batches) then cook for 1 minute or until the pancakes begin to puff up and bubble on the surface, flip over and cook for 1 minute or until golden and cooked through
- Serve the pancakes with syrup, ice cream and fresh fruit sprinkled with a little more of the ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE BLEND