With all these cold winter nights there’s nothing better than having a super seed blend to liven up a simple soup to create a satisfying winter warming supper. This fabulously easy soup is topped with seeds that are first friend in butter (or use oil if you prefer) to add fantastic flavour and texture!
- 2 onions – finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic – finely chopped
- 1/2 tin of tomatoes (200g) OR 2 tomatoes – roughly chopped
- 200g red lentils
- 50g butter
- 1/2 a lemon
- Plain yogurt to serve
- Fry the onions in 20g of the butter for 10 minutes or until soft
- Add the garlic to the onion and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes or until thickened
- Stir in the lentils, 1.2 litres of water and 1 tsp of salt then simmer for 40 minutes or until the lentils have fully broken down
- Blend half the soup to a smooth texture then return to the pan (add a splash of water if it’s too thick)
- Fry the SOUPER DOUPER SEEDS with the remaining 30g butter for 2 minutes until the butter has taken on the colour of the chilli and the cumin seeds have darkened
- Stir in the juice of the 1/2 lemon into the soup then serve with a spoonful of yogurt and a swirl of the SOUPER DOUPER SEEDS (including the hot butter)
Want more SOUPER DOUPER SEEDS? Just click the buy button below!
The health food world is currently going crazy for the wonder spice that is turmeric. Its beautiful golden hue and earthy flavour can be found in teas, lattes, vitamin pills and even ice cream – all because of its marvellous antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. These delicious noodles have turmeric as a key flavour and can be topped with an array of different garnishes to suit your tastebuds – fresh herbs and lime if you like a bit of zing or plenty of chilli if you like a bit of heat.
TURMERIC NOODLE BLEND
- 500g diced chicken
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lime
- Dried noodles for 4
- Any mix of: fresh coriander, mint, beansprouts, thinly sliced spring onion, crispy fried shallots, peanuts and/or boiled egg quarters to garnish
- Fry the onion in 2 tbsp oil for 10 minutes or soft and beginning to brown
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute or until soft
- Add the chicken, TURMERIC NOODLE BLEND, 1 tsp salt and 200ml water then cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through
- Cook the noodles now
- Drain and divide the noodles between 4 bowls
- Stir the juice of ½ the lime into the chicken then top the noodles with the chicken and sauce, chosen garnishes and the remaining ½ lime cut into wedges
Want more TURMERIC NOODLE BLEND? Just click the buy button below!
Ingredients: Turmeric, ground ginger, cracked black pepper, chilli powder