Salsa Picante Spices
Summer is here, the World Cup is on – what better excuse to enjoy a cold beer accompanied by some spicy nibbles?!
Here we’ve got a tomato salsa lifted by the heat of jalapeno and habanero chillies and fresh lime – perfect with tortilla chips. If you’re feeling adventurous, why not try adding 1 tbsp of salsa to a salt-rimmed glass and pouring over 300ml of lager to make a Mexican style Michelada? Bring on the sunshine!
- 400ml tomato juice
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 lime - zested and halved for juicing
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Tortilla chips for 4 to serve
- SALSA PICANTE SPICES (1 portion / 2 tbsp) - please note if you're making a bigger batch, you'll need to scale up the fresh ingredients in proportion but the spices only by 2/3 or it will be too spicy!
- Simmer the tomato juice with 60ml water, the zest of the lime, sugar, SALSA PICANTE SPICES and ¼ tsp salt for 25 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Leave to cool for 5 minutes then place in the fridge for 20 minutes
- Stir in the juice of the lime and the Worcestershire sauce then serve with the tortilla chips
Salsa Picante Spices: Bell pepper, habanero chilli, jalapeno chilli, garlic